Front Squat Therapy

CFF 5:30 a.m. "Graveyard Gang"

Warm-up
500 m Row

Strength - Front Squats
I decided that today would not be a good day to press the issue of not being flexible. The last front squat attempt resulted in sore shoulders for a week. That in mind I decided to take the time to work on my flexibility. Its getting better and I plan on continuing to work on it.

WOD
25 Deadlifts (100k)
25 Clean & Jerks (60k)
25 Thrusters (40k)
25 OH Squats (20k)
11:07

Conclusion
My focus has been all over the place lately with work, buying a house, this, that and the other but the last few days I have felt a lot better with my workouts. I am not pushing myself. It may just be my never good enough attitude but I always feel that no matter how dead I am after the WOD there is something that I could have done differently to get more out of it. I would like to be able to go as hard as possible the whole time. My breaks have become recovery and that is slowing down my progress. If I truly plan on making a run at anything resembling the CrossFit Games 2010 I have to be able to "push through the suck."

3 comments:

Dave Eagle said...

Pete, I've seen a big change you in this week. First going heavier than you normally do on the push presses, then repping out those 60kg power snatches, then this morning absolutely dominating the workout. Just being totally honest, I've never seen you go so hard at the workouts before. You are right, you have definitely stepped up your game! The key now is for all of us to keep encouraging you to train with that same intensity every day. Remember, there are a LOT of guys out there training super hard for those games. You need to train harder than them; and we know you can do it!

"Tommy Mo" said...

Flashes of brilliance this week m'man. But, you have to get your head in the game. I'll continue to say that you have got all of the tools to really do something great in terms of individual accomplishment within the sport of CrossFit. No, not great - utterly AMAZING! If only you could see it from our perspective. We watch in amazement sometimes hoping that one day we can experience what seems to be "par for the course" for you. It's fantastic to witness, Pete.

The only tool holding you back is that 6" tool between your ears. And, it shows too. When you're focused and dialed in, you're abilities are endless. (example: The reps of 60K snatches, the 110K Push Press). Fantastic. When you're not dialed in, it's very hard pressed to get anything above a 50% effort from you.

Seriously bro, turn the distraction areas right now (work, house buying, this and that, whatever) into areas of focus that fuel your desire. If you're frustrated at work, take that aggression out with the GYG. If you're excited/nervous/amped up for the house buying, channel that into your training and ride those feelings.

Don't let it dominate you, YOU need to become its master.

If nothing else, think of others around you. There's a high level of pride and work ethic within the GYG. All of us are busting our asses in the box every morning. We do it because we want to get better and we also do it out of respect for others that we train with; Quite simply a sign of respect is to give us the same thing we give you and that is no less than 110% every day.

We deserve more from you.

YOU deserve more from you.

Bring your best m'man.

Rasmusen10 said...

Guys I can't tell you how much I appreciate the brotherhood we have forged in the GYG. It will continue to grow and continue to push all of us to a level of fitness that we could never have imagined.