Snatch Grip Deadlifts

5:30 a.m. "Graveyard Gang"

This morning I woke up suprisingly energetic. Could be the fact of spending 24 of my last 48 hours at the GLOBO GYM I call work and knowing today I was OFF. Energetic but my back was stiff.

Strength Work - Snatch Grip Deadlifts
3-3-3-1-1-1
Focus on form not weight

3 - 60k
3 - 80k
3 - 100k
1 - 120k
1 - 130k
1 - 130k

This was a very interesting progression in the Snatch movement. I knew going into the exercise that the width of my grip would be my limiting factor. None the less I was still able to work on my deadlift technique.

WOD
50 Thrusters (20k)
40 Double unders
30 Kettlebell swings
20 Snatch grip reverse lunges (20k)
10 Burpees
5:03

Conclusion
Steady progress with training and my back. I was pretty happy with the time of the WOD. I was hoping to do every set unbroken and I believe I could have but the always lurking sense of reality said take a breather. Kettlebell, lunges and burpees were all unbroken but I gave in to temptation. No more I will not give in when I know that I can complete something unbroken.

1 comment:

"Tommy Mo" said...

100% pure manimal today my friend. When you hit the rope for the DU's and I heard it whistling behind me, I knew it was going to be very challenging to match you.

Fabulous effort! Nice work, Pete!