Feb. 22, 2010

Programming.... I believe in CrossFit it is vital to an athletes ability to compete. The difficulty in programming is what makes CrossFit so much fun "Unknown and Unknowable." Wild Bill has a plan. I have decided to put my complete faith in him and the rest of the coaches at CrossFit Fire. GFO!!!

Warm-up
1000m row 3:55

Strength
Hanging power clean 3 -3 -3 -1 -1 -1
3 - 70k
3 - 80k
3 - 90k
1 - 100k
Decided to break the bar down to 60k and work on catching the bar in the front rack position. My receiving position needs a lot of work. Still struggling with flexibility.

WOD
54321
5 min rowing (cal)
4 min box jumps (24")
3 hanging snatch squats (40k)
2 wall ball shots (20#)
1 HSPU

I'm pretty sure that I knew after I completed this WOD at sectionals that I would never want to do it again. I decided to just go hard and work on form. I experienced serious low back tightness during the hanging snatch squats. Turned out to be a good workout but not happy about the low back issues. I need to program stretching in to my daily routine.

1 comment:

"Tommy Mo" said...

100K HPC is strong stuff.

Keep working on your conditioning too if you can and if Bill agrees. Hit the rower harder and/or do some running to help in your Regionals preparation.

If I'm feeling okay and have the time, I am happy to join ya for a 2-a-day both in the morning and evening.